MY MAKEUP ESSENTIALS.

Hey there!

As much as I love fashion I am equally obsessed with makeup, always searching to find a new look to try and spending hours on YouTube watching tutorials. Through all of these looks, there is a few products I consider to be holy grail and use daily and would be lost without.




Above is these makeup essentials; from right to left: Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in Vintage Pink, Collection Does it all 5 in 1 Macara, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 001 Translucent, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in number 1 Fair, Essence Liquid Ink Eyeliner, Natural Collection Eye Lines in Black, NYC Bronzer Sun2Sun Bronzing Powder in 719A Terracotta Tan and Vaseline Lip Therapy Petroleum Jelly in Aloe Vera. Apologies for the products appearance, they are very well loved!



Starting with the face products and namely my favourite product here, the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. This product is well known in the beauty blogging/vlogging community and for a reason. I have gone through 5 or 6 tubes of this stuff and will be repurchasing again! The first swatch above, it matches my skin perfectly (which is a miracle as I am milk bottle white!), stays all day and has great coverage. One problem I have is the leaky packaging, my makeup bag gets destroyed by the product going everywhere! Other than that this product is perfection, love love love!

Second product for the face is the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. Another well known and liked product but it really does work. I have very oily skin and need a strong powder to keep my skin oil free for as long as possible. This keeps my makeup matte for up to 5 hours and with a touch up it will do me for the whole day! Perfect shade too, totally translucent. I am almost out of this product, will be repurchasing very soon!

Final face product is the NYC bronzer. Have had this product for a long time and always come back to it. This shade works to give my face some definition when I am pale and also when I am darker with self-tanner. There is a slight shimmer but nothing too noticeable. It brightens my complexion just how I like and warms up my skin and gives it life. Another product I need to repurchase as I am very low on the lighter shade side!


On to eye products, and starting with my favourite again, is the Collection Does It All 5 in 1 Mascara. I bought this mascara a couple of months ago after seeing it on Shaaanxo's channel on YouTube and fell in love! I have quite short, straight lashes and this mascara gives them life. The wand, shown above, its thick enough to give good volume but thin enough to separate and lengthen also. It also has a little ball on the end which is great for getting hard to reach lashes and your bottom lashes. Very black and doesn't clump easily, I think its absolutely perfect. It is so inexpensive as well, you can't go wrong.

Next is the Natural Collection black eyeliner. As a lover of black eyeliner and dark eye makeup, I try a lot of eyeliners. The third swatch above, this one I love because its very creamy and easy to smudge and build up. Not the most long lasting but I find after building up layers of it, it last pretty well. Super cheap as well, so if you are looking to try a new liner and you do a lot of smokey, grungy types of looks this is worth giving a go!

Last eye product is the Essence liquid eyeliner. I love a good winged liner but I am pretty bad at the application! I love this product because it is easy for me to use, it has a brush applicator, and the colour is totally black. It last pretty well on me without smudging everywhere too. It is swatched between the concealer and pencil eyeliner above. This was another recommended purchase from a fantastic Irish blogger Leanne Woodfull  (as if you don't know her!).

On to the last two products, the lip products. Starting with the Aloe Vera Vaseline, this seems like an obvious product but this Aloe Vera version I have used for years and nothing compares. It smells and tastes great and in the winter months when my lips can get very dry, this saves them every time! Forever obsessed with this, again very inexpensive and just a must have product to have with me at all times.


Final product in my makeup essentials is this Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in the shade Vintage Pink. The shade is a pink with purple undertones and can look more to pink or more purple depending on the application. I don't tend to wear lipstick everyday, but if I do it will be this. I find this so versatile, I can wear it totally opaque for a purple/pink lip, or dab a little on to have a "my lips but better" shade. I'm not a fan of a very nude lip but this shade I go back to time and time again for that under-stated look. It is shown above and also as the last swatch on my hand.

I hope you enjoyed this post on my makeup essentials! Let me know what you thought in the comments and anything else you would like to see. Thank you!

Gemma

Instagram - @gemmagarvey28
Twitter - @gemmagarvey_
Tumblr - lifeofablacklily
Lookbook - http://lookbook.nu/lifeofablacklily

Comments

Popular Posts